Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
sewer deterioration modeling
Posted by: Patrick Wrase (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2001 03:21PM

AQUA Ingenieure GmbH,
Entschuldigung Sie mein Englisch bitte. Mein Deutschlernen ist nur Stufe
ein.
Greetings from the United States. I must say that I was very pleased to find information regarding your product, AQUA-WertMin, available on the WWW. With the exception of pavement management, engineered infrastructure
management is only just beginning to receive attention here in the United States. Few cities have any management programs in place regarding their sewer systems. The city with which I am involved, Minneapolis, Minnesota, also is guilty of non-forward thinking sewer management. Even in the universities and in the professional infrastructure management field, research and information regarding this subject is only now beginning to be developed.
However, things are changing for the better. The Government Accounting Standards Board has recently drafted requirements for cities to account for and to properly maintain all portions of their municipal infrastructure.
Within the next few years all government entities will be required to provide for a forward thinking management system.
My interest in this subject has two causes:
First, I am employed by a city that will need to establish a forward thinking system. I must let you know that the AQUA-WertMin system is the
only product I have come across so far that meets the needs of modern sewer management that contains a rigorous condition modeling component. I would hope that you would begin to introduce your product to the American market.
My opinion is that it will be warmly received here, and at the current time, you have no competitor in this market.
Secondly, I am currently a graduate student at the University of Minnesota, with a study program of Infrastructure Systems Management. I am preparing a thesis on the state of technology within the sewer system management field.
So far in my research, I am amazed by the lack of research that has been undertaken in this field here in the United States. The most comprehensive
source of information regarding sewer system deterioration that I have been able to locate is a Ph.D. thesis that was completed at Louisiana Technical University only last year. This thesis limited its research to clay and concrete pipes in the gulf coast region of the United States.
In December of 2001, I will be presenting my paper to University staff, members of the regional engineering community, and my fellow classmates, all of whom are involved in the management of various types of Infrastructure
management. As part of my presentation I would like to present the sample version of your software for an example management technique, provided that I have your permission. I believe the including AQUA-WertMin would be
beneficial to both my presentation, and also to AQUA Ingenieure GmbH. This presentation will provide many local infrastructure professionals to the capabilities of your product, and will also open their eyes to the extreme
advancement that your company has provided within this field, especially when viewed in comparison to the status of the research in the USA.
Also, if you would be able to provide me with any research documents(In English please) relating to survival analysis of sewer systems, I would be
greatly appreciative. As I have stated above, American research is virtually non existent.
On a final note, I will be in the Frankfurt area from January 14, 2002 until January 21, 2002 on a vacation. I you are available, I would appreciate the chance to meet with you and see first hand the capabilities of the
AQUA-WertMin system.
Thank You Very Much,

Patrick Wrase, PE
Engineering Services
Minneapolis Department of Public Works
309 Second Avenue South, Room 300
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2268
(612) 673-3129
(612) 673-2048 (fax)
Patrick.Wrase@ci.minneapolis.mn.us

Re: sewer deterioration modeling
Posted by: Karl Jansen (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2001 03:31PM

Dear Mr. Wrase

go they please into the homepage and loading all English articles down.
Enclosed an anonymizated explanatory report in edited version of our
study for the Volkswagenwerk in Wolfsburg (Demo-San-E-3.8.01.pdf).
You can use the program 60 days free of charge. In January I am for you
in Frankfurt.

Best regards!

gehen sie bitte in die Homepage und laden alle englischen artikel
runter. Anbei einen anonymisierten Erläuterungsbericht in Kurzfassung
unserer Studie für das Volkswagenwerk in Wolfsburg (Demo-San-E-3.8.01.pdf).
Das Programm können Sie 60 Tage kostenlos nutzen.
Im Januar bin ich für Sie in frankfurt.

Freundliche Grüsse

Dipl.-Ing. Karl Jansen
Geschäftsleitung

[www.kanal-gutachter.de]
email: KJ@kanal-gutachter.de

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.